2016.01.15 | 3:44 AM
I decided to come out of my hibernation and resume blogging.
I'm late into the New Year, and I barely had plan for the rest of the week. Work has been taking much of my time since two months ago when a client made this noise that had our team on our feet. I almost had no holidays, no socials, and even sleep. It wasn't frustrating, but definitely not fulfilling.
As to how I endured, that I'm not so sure. What's clear is that I don't want to keep this rate going and spill over onto the succeeding months. I just had to do something about it.
My first step was to step back and consciously break any pattern. The most glaring? Continuous movement while staying more than 10 hours in the office.
Actually, no one asked me to spend almost two shifts every day to support my assigned account. I was only reacting out of my perceived sense of responsibility. But since my output screams no significant improvement at all, I'd better stop the cycle and make use of my time wisely instead. So for today, I left early and met up with my college friends (which led me to National Bookstore and Steal Like An Artist and the resurrection of this blog -- more on that, maybe in another post).
The second step was to take control. What better way to do that than using a planner?
Initially, I was supposed to ditch it as I did last year. I thought I wanted to live with a little spontaneity. I realized, though, that 2015 seemed to be my most unproductive year. I was just going with the flow and letting things happen around me. While it wasn't all that bad, it didn't feel good either. I ended up with accumulated could-have-been's and a sense of guilt.
Reunited with a planner, I feel more at ease. I have started contemplating on what my goals are for the year, how to move them, what habit I would like to develop, etc. Though I'm not yet done, just looking at it excites me and inspires me to manage my time well so that I can focus on what really matters. The challenge now is how to keep the momentum and not fall into the wrong cycle again.
Tomorrow, or later today and the days to come, will be an internal battle. ❤
No comments:
Post a Comment